Friday 26 November 2010

Baked Pork Kebabs & Mediterranean Salad

I'd been thinking about Chicken Tikka - mainated meat on skewers but cooked in a Tandoor oven rather than barbecued........


For the marinade:
Olive oil, 1 tsp garlic puree, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, 1 scant tsp oregano and
1 scant tsp basil, half a tsp ground cinnamon;  S+P to taste.Add 225g diced pork and leave to stand for a couple of hours at least.
Thread onto skewers and roast for about 20 minutes - I've still got a thing about tapeworms etc (Jewish ancestry!) so I like my pork well-done,  though I have been known to eat raw bacon rinds! Go figure!



For the salad:
Dressed with same ingredients as the meat marinade but with extra lemon juice. Torn cos lettuce, shredded cabbage; handful of chickpeas; celery, green peppers, diced tomato, red onion and courgette - I've given up cucumber for the winter (they don't last) and find this a blandly-acceptable substitute!

 On a bed of Basmati rice with a home-made mint yoghurt relish.