Thursday 3 March 2011

Tikka-ish Turkey & Spicy Peanut Relish

This is almost kosher as neither the marinade nor the dip uses any dairy - yoghurt.

Peanut Relish
3 tsp peanut butter (I used crunchy, but it's immaterial), 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp lime cordial, 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce, a good pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of sugar and 1-and-a-bit tsps of Soy. I added a pinch of salt to mine too. Mix well.


The Marinade
This is one I do quite frequently for turkey or chicken - and I thought, consequently, that I'd recorded and published it before. I hadn't! This is, therefore, from memory...... 1 dstsp Madras Curry Powder (hot), 1 tsp each of ground coriannder and cumin, 1 dstsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp lime cordial, S+P and about 50ml of oil - veg or olive. Cut the meat into chunks - I had some diced turkey in the freezer - and marinate for at least an hour. Thread onto skewers and bake in a very hot oven for 15-20 minutes - I balanced mine over a small casserole dish and turned them once.

Some basmati rice and a simple salad of shredded lettuce, cabbage, peppers, red onions and tomatoes in a classic French dressing to complete.....