Monday 10 September 2012

Working Lunch: Omelette Lasagne

Omelette Lasagne with fresh peas and deep-fried potatoes

I don't normally eat a full meal at lunchtime but Hannah was starting work at 2:30 and claims she needs the carbs to keep going until past midnight. Who am I not to give the girl what she wants?


I made several thin omelettes in advance, separating them with greaseproof paper. The filling was made from diced marrow fried with onions, and then passata and tomato puree added. I kept the garlic and seasoning to a very low level! 


I assembled the whole lot on an oven-proof plate: one omelette topped with the tomato mixture; another in the middle, with more filling and slices of mature cheddar over that, before adding the final omelette to finish. 

Whack it under a hot grill - or microwave gently to reheat and melt the cheese.