Thursday 27 September 2012

Love Food, Hate Waste

It was one of those nights when I'd been faffing round, and suddenly realised that the second part of "Room At The Top" was starting in 10 minutes. Something quick was called for - and a bit spicy was what was desired.


I started with a quickly defrosted sausage, cut into chunks and stir-fried with onion, peppers, broccoli and a little garlic.

When the meat was browning and the vegetables were softened I added a handful of frozen peas, some chopped-up chorizo (the ready-cooked type), and a pinch of hot paprika.


Out of the fridge came a tub of cooked rice, and was heated through before wacking the power up and adding a little milk to moisten. When all the liquid was absorbed, my faux-risotto was ready to serve.



To finish my meal - when the Tv programme was over - I raided the freezer again for some chocolate cake (Home Bargains), slathered with chocolate & hazelnut spread (ditto: Home Bargains), warmed through in the microwave and served with whippy cream and ice cream.


Hannah was not best pleased I'd been playing with chocolate again while she was out earning a crust or two!