Thursday 9 September 2010

Tuna & Wasabi Mayo, Drizzled Tomato


It was getting towards lunchtime on this lovely, Indian-summery, day - and I got the mental taste of tomatoes ....drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and maybe a pinch of salt.... Luckily I've got a good local greengrocers less than a five-minute walk away. So, English tomatoes, garnished with cucumber, stoned black olives and a few shreds of red onion. The tuna was an afterthought!
Half a tin of drained tuna chunks mixed with 2d stsp of mayo, 2 cm squeeze of Wasabi (I buy it in a tube like a toothpaste one = 1 tsp); 1 tsp tomato ketchup; 1dstsp cooked green beans, chopped; 1 heaped dstsp red onions, thinly-sliced; a small handful of celery, thinly sliced; 2 dstsp mixed peppers, chopped. I heaped mine on cup of lettuce leaves: I used Cos............