Sunday 28 October 2012

Mediterranean Stuffed Flatbread


 I watched a bit of  the Great British Bake Off the other night on tv. I liked Paul Hollywood's filled flatbread which he cooked in a lightly oiled frying pan on the top of the stove. Rather than making my own dough I decided to experiment with some pizza dough balls I got from the Amazing Freezer Shop. For my filling I used some chopped green and black olives with some slices of brie.



 I've just realised - in a strange quirk of fate - that a few years ago I discussed buying fresh pizza dough balls from Paul's brother Lee, who is also a baker here in the Wallasey area! The venture didn't proceed, however. 

This experiment wasn't bad at all - I made the mistake of defrosting the dough in the microwave so it was slightly less moist than it would have been, so less easy to roll thinly.