Tuesday 31 August 2010

Pork Chop & Black Bean Casserole

A slightly uneven rice mountain!

I seem congenitally incapable of following recipes – except if I’m baking. On one of my foodie groups (at breakfast-time yesterday) I read a mouth-watering post by Alicia Kwok for baby ribs in black bean sauce, cooked in a lidded wok – I ended up casseroling a huge spare-rib chop, but retaining all the other ingredients.

INGREDIENTS & METHOD
Soften a big handful of chopped onion - I used white and red – in a wok with 2 tsp chopped garlic puree. Add the spare-rib chop (though any cut of pork will suffice), colour the meat on both sides and stir in 4 dstsp black bean sauce, 1 dstsp soy sauce,1 tsp sesame oil and 50ml water. Bring to boil and then transfer to closed casserole dish. Place in a med-hot oven for 20 mins, and then add 4 florets of broccoli and cook for a further 10 mins. Serve with basmati rice.