Sunday 29 April 2012

ScouseZaus's Mexican Cheesy Beans


This is my take on the classic Huevos Rancheros - with the bizarre addition of two sausage rolls I had knocking around in the fridge.











Take 2 small handfuls of cooked kidney beans, and the same of pinto beans. Heat gently in 150ml of Tomato Passata, with 1 dessertspoon of Sweet Chilli and a scant teaspoon of Peri Peri sauce.














I heated a frying pan and sprayed it with a thin layer of Chipotle Chilli oil, in which I gently fried a wholemeal tortilla.
















Pile the beans on top of the tortilla, cover with grated cheese - I only had cheddar or mock-feta, so cheddar it was! - and flash under a hot grill or in the oven.










Top with a fried egg, cooked just the way you like.......And eat!

(The sausage rolls from the reduced counter are optional!)